A neck lesion can arise for many different reasons. It can be present from birth or develop as you grow older. Many lesions are benign and not dangerous to you. Others may be cancerous and require removal. Your surgeon will advise you on this and can determine what the best course of treatment will be. Treatment can involve non-surgical (such as creams/cryotherapy/laser) or surgical options.
Is this right for me?
If you have a skin lesion/mass that is quite obvious and concerns you then come and see our plastic surgeons who will be able to advise you on the best course of action.
What does this involve?
This surgery normally involves a local anaesthetic and is a day-case procedure. The stitches used to close the wound are dissolvable and therefore do not require removal. If the lesion/mass looks suspicious, then this will be sent to the pathologist to review under the microscope.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
There is minimal downtime. There is very little restriction in movement and most daily living activities are not affected following surgery to remove the lesion. You will be reviewed by a member of your clinical team, 1 - 2 weeks following the surgery.
More frequently asked questions
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- Is this procedure done under a local anaesthetic?
- My skin lesion is benign and bothers me. How can it be removed without a scar?
- Should all lumps be removed?
- Should I be worried that the lesion is a cancer?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will I be left with a scar?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
Prices start from £350. depending on size and length
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!
You can download information on this page as handy info sheets to refer to whenever you like.
|Lesion Excision Consent||Consent Form||84.07 KB|