The Lip Lift is a procedure that modifies the shape of the lips by increasing the prominence of the red-part (vermillion) of the upper lip which therefore enhances the definition of cupids bow.
Is this right for me?
A lip lift is a plastic surgery procedure that modifies the cosmetic appearance of the lips. The lip is reshaped to increase the red part (vermillion) and reduces the distance between the base of the nose and the lip (columella) into a more aesthetically pleasing shape.
If you have a long columella, then this can result in your lower face looking longer. The normal distance between the base of the nose and the upper lip generally is 1/3 of the distance between the lower lip and the base of the chin. Therefore, the lip-lift addresses these aspects and hence reduces the discrepancy and restores the anatomy to the correct ratio. If you have thin down turned corners of the lips then the valentine lip lift (corner lip lift) will help to restore this to give an upturned corner of the mouth.
What does this involve?
This is carried out under local anaesthetic as a day-case procedure. The skin is removed from either above the lip margin or just below the nose lip margin. The resulting wound is then closed with stitches that remain in place for 1 week.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
There is essentially minimal downtime. Bruising may be apparent for a couple of days and your lips will be swollen but you should be able to return to work within a few days.
Your nose can be quite swollen for a week or two following the surgery. This will generally resolve as the wounds settle down.
More frequently asked questions
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- Can I still have a filler in my lips? What if I want to have a lip implant – can I have this at the same time?
- Do I need both a central and corner lip lift?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- What is the best option for me and how do different surgical methods differ?
- What is the valentine lip lift?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- Where is the scar?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
Prices start from £2,000. for single lip
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!