As circumstances continue to change in response to COVID-19, please read on for more information on the steps we are taking to remain open while ensuring the safety of all our patients and staff during this time.
We have taken extensive advice from Public Health England, infection control specialists and from leading plastic surgery bodies including BAAPS, BAPRAS and ISAPS to ensure that all available and best precautions are in place to protect both you and our Bella Vou staff. It’s noteworthy to add that as a private independent surgical facility we have no impact on the NHS and why we are confident the special measures being employed at our clinic are so effective at keeping patients and staff free from COVID-19 during their treatment.
Can I book a Complimentary Consultation?
Yes. However, in order to minimise outside contact for our clinical staff and any patients undergoing treatments or surgery at our clinic, Initial Consultations will continue to take the form of Video Consultations via Zoom, Facetime or Skype (at least in the interim). Should you wish to go ahead with your procedure and should it require a follow-up consultation, you will be invited into the clinic for a complimentary In-person Consultation. Go ahead and book your consultation today.
Can I book a surgery?
Yes. You can book in for any procedures to be carried out under either local or general anaesthetic. If you would like to book your procedure with us, please contact us by clicking here and we will arrange this for you.
Can I book a Non-surgical Aesthetic treatment?
Yes. We are still offering all aesthetic treatments that are non-aerosol producing. These include Anti-wrinkle Injections, Dermal Fillers, FaceTite, Morpheus 8, PDO Thread Lifts, Profhilo, Mesotherapy, Microneedling and many other minimally invasive and skin health treatments. We will also be offering CoolSculpting, an exciting new FDA-cleared non-surgical treatment that freezes fat. Please contact us today to book your non-surgical aesthetic treatment by clicking here.
Can I feel safe about coming to the clinic?
Yes. Aside from the usual stringent infection control measures that we have in place in order to be able to carry out surgery, we have taken expert guidance on and implemented numerous additional measures specifically for COVID-19 to keep you safe for any upcoming treatments or procedures.
Keeping you and our staff safe is a multi-step process. Assessing areas of risk begins before our staff even leave their homes for the clinic is a key consideration. Therefore, all our clinical staff are self-isolating within their own homes limiting their (and their family’s) contact with the outside world as much as possible. By minimising their exposure to any potential COVID-19 cases they are the first line of defence in keeping us all safe.
Once our clinical staff arrive in the clinic, they go through a full decontamination process and have their temperature checked with an infrared thermometer before donning their one-time-use PPE. Only the clinical staff required for that day’s procedures and one front-of-house staff member (who is also self-isolating) are allowed in the clinic at this time. All other staff are working remotely from home in order to prevent any interactions with the clinical staff and to keep them as insulated as possible.
This is also why most Initial Consultations take the form of Video Consultations via Zoom, Facetime or Skype in order to minimise our surgeons physical contact with the outside world. Should your procedure require an in-person consultation, you will be invited into the clinic for a follow-up complimentary consultation prior to your surgery.
The clinic has been divided into ‘zones’ which, as a patient, you would progress through on the day of your surgery or treatment. These zones each have their own strict decontamination regime for all surfaces and touch points. Each zone is progressively more sterile than the last until you finally arrive in the operating theatre or treatment room. There is also a one-way system in place within the clinic, you enter through one door and leave through another. We practice strict social distancing and coordination and timing of appointments ensures that no patients come into contact with each other.
Everybody within the clinic, staff and patients alike will be wearing single use face masks at all times. If your procedure or treatment requires you to remove your face mask, you will be instructed to do so only in the safe confines of the operating theatre or treatment room while the clinical staff have all their PPE in place.
Should you already have a treatment or surgery booked in and require a medical travel letter, your dedicated patient coordinator would be more than happy to assist you with this prior to your booked date. You can request a medical travel letter by clicking here.
- We would kindly request you to self-isolate for 1 week prior to your procedure to reduce the risk of being infected without symptoms in the first few days.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms attributed to COVID-19 in the days and weeks prior to your procedure, please report this to us immediately prior to you attending the clinic and we will re-schedule your procedure for a later date at no additional cost to you.
- Please arrive at the clinic at the stated time of your appointment and no sooner as we are trying to keep the number of people in the clinic to a minimum. Unfortunately, this means that visitors are not allowed in the clinic with you.
- Upon entry to the clinic, you will be asked to sanitise your hands using the sanitiser from the sanitization station within the airlock between the front door and the reception.
- You will be required to put on PPE which we will provide for you before proceeding into the clinic, this includes a surgical mask.
- Your temperature will be taken with a digital thermometer which is pointed towards your forehead and does not come into direct contact with your skin.
- Please bring with you the minimum amount of personal belongings and if we could encourage you to remove all jewellery where possible prior to your arrival, such as earrings, watches, necklaces, rings etc.
- We have implemented a strict cleaning regime for regular decontamination of all surfaces and touch-points within the clinic.
Thank you very much for your cooperation. These measures might mean that we’ll be a bit slower than before getting you into and out of the clinic, but we must ensure that our principal focus is your care and wellbeing.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01892 257357.