When you are thinking about investing in facelift surgery, there are many things to consider. Bear in mind your surgeon's skills, the clinic's facilities and staff training, as well as asking the question ‘how much does a facelift cost in the UK?’.
How much does a facelift cost in the UK?
Facelift surgery costs vary across the UK. The price will depend on the surgeon, the clinic, the location, the type of facelift and the anaesthetic you will need during your operation.
With many clinics, the prices can be challenging to understand; the costs may not include certain consultations, anaesthetist fees, aftercare, medications and follow-ups.
The type of facelift procedure can also vary, with a range of operations available at different prices. Many surgeons will combine surgeries to provide bespoke facial surgery. You could have a mini facelift, a deep plane facelift, a face and neck lift, or you could combine your facelift with lifts to the upper and lower eyelids, Vaser liposculpture and Renuvion skin tightening treatments for a more comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
In the UK, facelift surgery costs from a few thousand pounds for a ‘mini facelift’ to 10,000-30,000 for a full face and neck lift with additional specialist treatments.
What is a facelift?
A facelift is also known as a rhytidectomy. It is an operation to lift and tighten the skin and muscles of your face and rejuvenate your appearance. During a facelift, your surgeon removes any sagging or excess skin and lifts the underlying tissues to treat jowls, wrinkles and facial drooping and restore a youthful appearance.
Bella Vou offers an innovative new type of facelift: the Concept™ Facelift lifts the face in a way that looks natural and refreshed rather than tight and mask-like. The Concept™ Facelift is less invasive than traditional surgery. The aesthetic surgeons operate under local anaesthetic so that you have less bruising, a faster recovery, reduced downtime and fewer complications.
How does a facelift work?
Within a facelift, the scar is made in the contours around the ear and behind the ear to gain access to the deeper structures in the face. The SMAS, the muscle layer, needs to be addressed for the facelift to have longevity.
Depending on the patient and their bone structure, there are different ways that the muscle can be lifted or folded on itself, or removed and lifted up to give the right contour and volume of the basic structure of the face. Once that’s been tightened, the extra skin that has been lifted up is then removed and everything is re-stitched in the same contours where the initial incision was made.
What to consider when looking at facelift costs
There are lots of factors to consider when comparing facelift costs. As well as looking at the headline figure, it's important to look at any potential extra, and hidden fees, as well as the impact surgery will have on your life. You will need to consider:
- What does the facelift cost include? Check whether consultations, anaesthetist fees, medications, follow-up and the correction of any complications are included
- Will the procedure achieve the results you want? Look at pictures showing the operation results and how long the effects last. Consider whether a cheaper mini lift will provide lasting results. Ask your surgeon whether you need to combine a facelift with a neck lift or another procedure to get optimum results
- How invasive is the procedure? Time is money; consider how much time you will need off work to recover. Traditional facelift surgery is very invasive; the pain and bruising can make it challenging to work and socialise for up to eight weeks
- Find out the facts: Look into your surgeon’s training and experience and examine before and after pictures of their results. Realself.com provides reviews and images from the UK and across the world
- Consider safety: Don't compromise your health and safety to save money. Some options, like cosmetic surgery tourism, can seem attractively inexpensive but consider how you will get medical follow-up and who will support you if you develop complications or are unhappy with the results
What does the cost of a facelift include?
- Initial consultation fees
- Pre-surgery assessments
- Surgeon fees
- Anaesthesia, anaesthetist fees and operating department assistance (if needed)
- Theatre facilities and equipment
- Medication fees during and after surgery
- Nursing and other support staff
- Follow-up clinic appointments
- Wound clinic
- Support before, during and after surgery
- If you develop a problem or complication, Bella Vou will look after you throughout without extra bills or charges
- If you have a face and neck lift, you will have two manual lymphatic drainage sessions to reduce swelling and improve recovery
Concept facelift prices
The price of the Concept™ Facelift at Bella Vou depends on your surgery and your gender. The surgery is £1000 more for male patients because the anatomy, structure and facial hair mean that the surgery takes around one hour longer. Complex or corrective surgery may also incur an additional cost as this involves more time, cutting out excess scar tissue etc. The prices in February 2022 are:
- Concept™ Facelift under local anaesthetic is £7,900.00 for women, including all pre-care, aftercare and local anaesthetic
- Concept™ Facelift and Neck Lift under local anaesthetic for women is £10,630.00, including all pre-care, aftercare, local anaesthetic and two manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) therapy sessions
Our bespoke cosmetic finance offerings can help you to spread and manage these costs into reasonable monthly amounts. We offer multiple different finance options (retail and personal finance) to help you find the one that’s right for you. Unsure if you can afford your procedure or treatment? It could be more affordable than you think with 0% to low-interest-rate finance plans. To find out more, please visit our pricing and finance page.
Book a Concept™ Facelift consultation with Bella Vou
A facelift can refresh your appearance and restore your confidence. The Concept™ Facelift is a revolution in cosmetic surgery only performed at Bella Vou. It results in a smaller scar and no hair loss compared to traditional facelifts. It lifts the cheeks, smooths the skin, removes jowls and restores jawline definition for a natural and youthful appearance that lasts for many years.
If you want advice and guidance about the revolutionary Concept™ Facelift, book a consultation at Bella Vou. Your private consultation is the perfect opportunity to ask any burning questions directly to your surgeon or consultant. The experienced aesthetic surgeons will provide objective advice on whether surgery will achieve your goals and talk you through the procedure, the risks, and the results you can expect.