A hair transplant will result in an improved appearance and greater self-confidence, a permanent solution to hair loss, and a natural look and feel. The hair that is transferred is your own hair and is therefore permanent.
Is this right for me?
If you have lost hair early in your life due to genetics in your family or as a result of trauma, it may not only affect you cosmetically but psychologically. Most people who have lost their hair are self conscious about their appearance in public and when looking to date.
Most people are eligible to have hair transplant. This is a permanent natural solution to hair loss. You could suffer from receding hair loss or loss of density within your existing hair. There may be other areas such as beard, eyebrow or eyelash that has been depleted of hair due to repetitive trauma or single injury which can now be treated as a single stage under local anaesthetic.
Hair transplantation is labour intensive and requires delicate manual transplantation to produce natural hair. Once you have the hair transplant the transplanted hairs initially fall out and start to re-grow in a few months. Month by month the density increases and you will be see the final result by 18 months.
What does this involve?
We are now able to transplant individual hair follicles from one part of the body to another using FUE (Follicilar Unit Exraction) or FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) whilst preserving their growth physiology and anatomy. This permanent solution means that the transplanted hair follicles will survive and grow as they once did in that area.
Each follicle is transplanted manually for a truly natural and lifelong appearance. Hair transplant techniques have come a long way from the old punch graft techniques, which created an unnatural 'doll hair' appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
The procedure is carried out under long lasting local anaesthetic, which makes the slow process of FUE/ FUT hair transplantation virtually painless. Your scalp will be quite swollen on the day of surgery and this swelling can take anywhere from 1 week to 10 days to settle. The swelling can spread down towards the eyebrows (effects of gravity). This is temporary and does settle.
You will be limited to gentle shampooing for the first week following the surgery. We will give you full after care instructions following the surgery. You will be reviewed in the clinic at 1 week and 2 weeks following the surgery.
At Bella Vou we are one of the leading specialists in hair transplant surgery and hair restoration procedures in the United Kingdom. With an unrivalled level of service, our cosmetic surgeons will work with you every step of the way to give you the results you want.
More frequently asked questions
- Are the hair transplant results permanent?
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- Do I have to have the sutures removed?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- How many hairs can I have as a result of transplant?
- I am losing my existing hair – is this normal?
- I had a hair transplant before and would like another one. How long do I have to wait?
- My hair is shedding and some is growing ? Have I lost my grafts?
- What does FUE Hair Transplant Involve?
- What does FUT hair transplant (strip method) involve?
- What is the advantage of having an FUE Hair Transplant?
- What is the best option for me and how do different surgical methods differ?
- What is the difference between FUT and FUE transplants?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- When can I wash my hair?
- When will I see the full result of my Hair Transplant?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will I have a scar at the donor site from Hair Transplant?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
|Beard Hair Transplant||£4,000|
|Eyebrow Hair Transplant||£2,750|
|Eyelash Hair Transplant||£4,000|
|FUE Hair Transplant (1,000 grafts)||£4,500|
|FUE Hair Transplant (2,000 grafts)||£6,000|
|FUE Hair Transplant (250 grafts)||£2,000|
|FUE Hair Transplant (500 grafts)||£3,250|
|FUT Hair Transplant (1,000 grafts)||£4,000|
|FUT Hair Transplant (1,500 grafts)||£4,500|
|FUT Hair Transplant (2,000 grafts)||£5,250|
|FUT Hair Transplant (3,000 grafts)||£7,000|
|Sideburn Hair Transplant||£3,000|
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!
See some real patient examples
Take a look at some real patient before & after photos.
All images, videos and testimonials are based on the personal experiences of our patients and represent individual body shapes and results. Results may vary from person to person. All testimonials are provided voluntarily by our patients and clients and all photos and videos have been consented to and have not been altered in any way.