Life is full of choices; from choosing a new car, to what we will have for breakfast, some choices are more important than others. Your choice of cosmetic surgeon will be a choice you will live with for years, so how can you ensure you have found Dr Right? Mr Amir Nakhdjevani, lead surgeon at cosmetic clinic Bella Vou has outlined 7 essential steps patients should take when looking for a plastic surgeon.
How can you find Dr Right?
- Check details about the surgeon’s background as well as medical history
- Make sure the surgeon is Board Certified
- How often they have carried out the procedure you are after
- How much the procedure will cost
- Check if the clinic is registered with the CQC
- Check reviews online
- Ask whether you will be able to talk and discuss with past patients their experiences.
Ultimately your choice of cosmetic surgeon will be a choice that will stick with you for the the rest of your life. So remember to choose wisely! You will be wanting a successful procedure, resulting in you feeling more confident and giving you boosted confidence for years to come. Avoid quick decisions! One thing you do not want to be doing is ending up in the hands of an inexperienced plastic surgeon, resulting into your chances being higher of having poor results, leading to wasted time, money and distress!
So to find the right doctor, first you need to choose a board certified cosmetic surgeon and ensure they are experienced in your desired procedure. Second, you need to be sure that the surgeon is someone you can trust.
Is your surgeon right for YOU?:
- Emotional connection to the surgeon, as you will be spending a lot of time with them!
- Great customer service from both the surgeon and their team
- Fees clearly stated
- Your family feels confident with the surgeon
Why does it matter that you trust your surgeon? Simple. You’re going to be spending quite a bit of time with your cosmetic surgeon both before and after surgery. Cosmetic surgery is a journey you take together and it is essential that you feel comfortable with your cosmetic surgeon and their support team. Remember to take your time choosing your surgeon; following the Mr Nakhdjevani 7 steps can ensure that you make the right choice and that you are left in the very best hands.
Medically reviewed by
Last Updated: August 28, 2015
Published On: August 28, 2015