Removing a lesion from the face really depends on the type of skin lesion and where on the face it is. Many lesions are benign and not dangerous to you. Others may be cancerous and require removal. Your surgeon will advise you with this and can determine what the best course of treatment will be. Treatment can involve non-surgical solutions such as creams, cryotherapy or laser treatment, or surgical options.
Is this right for me?
This really depends on the type of skin lesion and where it is on the face. Many lesions are benign and not dangerous to you. Others may be cancerous and require removal. Your surgeon will advise you with this and can determine what the best course of treatment will be. Treatment can involve non-surgical (such as creams/cryotherapy/laser) or surgical options.
What does this involve?
If the skin lesion is raised and obvious, there is very little that can be done to remove it without leaving a scar. Even shaving the lesion flush to the skin, will still leave a small scar. If the lesion is flat, occasionally this can be removed with certain creams. However, this would still leave a small scar or skin blemish.
Depending on where the lesion is and how large it is will determine the scar length and position. Your surgeon will aim to place the smallest scar possible in the least obvious position.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
Most procedures take between 40 - 50 minutes. The sutures are usually dissolvable and so will not need removing. Your surgeon will decide which is the most appropriate. Our plastic surgeons will advise you on what will be possible.
More frequently asked questions
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- Is this procedure done under a local anaesthetic?
- My skin lesion is benign and bothers me. How can it be removed without a scar?
- Should all lumps be removed?
- Should I be worried that the lesion is a cancer?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will I be left with a scar?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
Prices start from £350.
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!