Eyelid Surgery Upper & Lower (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid Surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to rejuvenate the upper or lower eyelid by removing excess or loose skin to leaver a fresher and more youthful appearance of the eyes.
Is this right for me?
- Puffy areas or "bags" under the eyes?
- Excessive skin or sagging of your upper eyelids?
- Excessive skin on your lower eyelids?
- Loss of your natural upper eyelid crease?
If you suffer from any of these issues then eyelid surgery can be the safe and effective method to help you look and feel great.
If you look tired when you're not, and can’t put eye shadow or mascara due to excess skin covering your eyelids, then you can benefit from upper eyelid lift or Upper Blepharoplasty.
If you have bags under your eyes aging the way you look, then a lower eyelid surgery or lower Blepharoplasty can make you look fresher and more youthful. Our Plastic surgeon can advise you on what’s best for you to achieve the look you are after.
Sometimes excess skin of the upper eyelid will hang over the eyelashes and will block your vision. In those cases it is not only of a cosmetic benefit to have them removed but more importantly it’s a functional improvement of your vision and it’s necessary to carry out upper eyelid surgery.
What does this involve?
Upper lid blepharoplasty is a very common cosmetic surgery procedure in the UK. Many patients feel the extra skin makes them look tired and older than they are/ feel. Therefore, the aim of eyelid surgery is to remove excess skin and/or fat deposits to leave the upper lid skin tighter and fresher in appearance. We will discuss the pros and cons of eyelid surgery for you and the likely outcomes at consultation.
Lower eyelid surgery aims to address the bags under the eyes. Excess skin and removal or reshaping of the fat therefore smooth’s the contour between the lower eyelid and the cheeks. We use local anaesthetic (LA), LA and sedation or a general anaesthetic. For this surgery, your cosmetic surgeon will discuss the suitability of the procedure and anaesthetic with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
Scars fade very quickly to become invisible within a few weeks. For an upper lid blepharoplasty, your cosmetic surgeon will place the upper eyelid scar in the fold of skin. For the lower eyelid, the scar is placed just under your lower eyelashes. Your plastic surgeon will decide if you need absorbable or non-absorbable sutures, which can be removed at your next appointment in 5 to 7 days time.
Swelling and bruising can generally last about 5 to 7 days after surgery. Your plastic surgeon will advise you on the aftercare and will carry out a review in approximately one week.
More frequently asked questions
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- How can you tell if I need a brow lift or eyelid surgery?
- How long before I return to normal activities?
- I have had Eyelid Surgery before, can it be repeated?
- Is Eyelid Surgery safe if I have a condition?
- Is local or general anaesthetic best for me?
- Should I have Anti-Wrinkle Injections after having Eyelid Surgery?
- What is the best option for me and how do different surgical methods differ?
- What is the down-time following eyelid surgery?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- When should I have Semi-Permanent Makeup with Eyelid Surgery?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will I lose sensation in the area following this surgery? Will my eyes feel different and will the shape change?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
|Eyelid Surgery (Lower)||£2,900|
|Eyelid Surgery (Upper)||£2,500|
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!
You can download information on this page as handy info sheets to refer to whenever you like.
|Eyelid Surgery Information||Procedure Information||91.28 KB|
|Eyelid Surgery Information||Procedure Information||341.27 KB|
|Eyelid Surgery Pre & Aftercare||Pre & Aftercare Information||1.24 MB|
|Lower Eyelid Consent||Consent Form||105.83 KB|
|Upper Eyelid Consent||Consent Form||104.82 KB|
See some real patient examples
Take a look at some real patient before & after photos.
Notes from the surgeon
Victoria has had combined Upper & Lower Eyelid surgery
All images, videos and testimonials are based on the personal experiences of our patients and represent individual body shapes and results. Results may vary from person to person. All testimonials are provided voluntarily by our patients and clients and all photos and videos have been consented to and have not been altered in any way.