There are many different lumps and lesions that can be present on the body. These can arise from birth; secondary to damage (trauma or sunlight); or due to medications or other diseases. The lump may sit under your bra-strap and be uncomfortable. Back lesion removal is a simple operation that can be carried out to remove the lesion(s).
Is this right for me?
If cosmetically it bothers you or you are concerned about what it is, then a simple operation can alleviate your concerns. If the lesions are larger then they may require specialist treatment to rule out anything more sinister.Your doctor/ surgeon will assess the lump to determine the best course of treatment.
What does this involve?
This surgery is carried out in our surgical unit under local anaesthetic. The procedure will take about 40 minutes to do (depending on the size of the lesion). You are left with a linear (straight line) scar in the region of the lesion. Stitches are used to close the wound and a simple dressing is then applied. The stitches do not require removal as the body will absorb them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery like?
We advise to rest on the day of surgery. Depending on the size and position of the lesion will determine how much you can do following the surgery. Generally, we advise no bending or heavy lifting for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, you can begin gentle exercise (walking) and this will be increased to your normal routine by 6 weeks. Depending on the type of lump, this may or may not be sent for histological analysis. These reports generally take between 2 - 4 weeks until they are available.
More frequently asked questions
- Can I know what my results are likely to look like?
- How can I know whether my surgeon will give me the outcome I desire?
- Is this procedure done under a local anaesthetic?
- My skin lesion is benign and bothers me. How can it be removed without a scar?
- Should all lumps be removed?
- Should I be worried that the lesion is a cancer?
- What will the treatment cost be, and do you offer affordable payment plans?
- Why should I choose Bella Vou over others. What’s the difference?
- Will I be left with a scar?
- Will there be discomfort, bruising or swelling, and for how long?
At Bella Vou we provide various payment options meaning you can spread the cost and enjoy a confident outlook at a price you can afford.
Prices start from £350.
Finance your treatment
We can offer a wide range of incredible finance solutions and payment plans to help you pay for your procedure or treatment, starting from as little as 0% APR!
You can download information on this page as handy info sheets to refer to whenever you like.
|Lesion Excision Consent||Consent Form||84.07 KB|